Thursday, August 16, 2012

Subie

You probably know that I have a Subaru. I am a damn hippy with a damn Subaru. And I fucking love that car.


Actually, before I start talking about how much I love my hell-on-wheels, I have to give a quick shout out to my first car, the Corolla. The gold Corolla is still running but is back at home with Ma and Pah finishing out his days. He has over 250,000 miles. He took Mr Pepperworth and I on many adventures that no Toyota should ever have to endure. Corolla drove up mountain sides and did it like it was a 4 wheel drive jeep. He was the best!


But, now I have to talk up my Subaru. (I don't have children. I get to post about cars, pets, and being tired from getting 10 hours of sleep all I want!)

So, the Subie joined us in 2006. She is a manual Outback, which is hard to find but nice to drive! Last year, we had to make a choice to either get rid of her or put in a shit ton of money and save her in hopes she will last at least 10 more years. Needless to say, we put the money in and so far so good.


Just this past week, Subs hit 150,000. This was on a trip from pretty much Canada to Portland to Spokane and back to Canada. I may be exaggerating a bit but still, that is what it ALMOST was and what it definitely felt like. She did good on the trip. She passed many cars (only once having to slam on the brakes because the pass was ill advised and only once having to turn off the AC because she was starting to overheat a bit) and had no problems. It is so nice to have a reliable car!

I also found out about this last week. If you own a Subaru, you can get these awesome badges for your car to let people know you are a total geek. Apparently, it is super popular down in other hippie places (Colorado) but I have never seen them up here. My friend and I ordered some for our cars so we are going to start the Washington trend. Mark my words, I am totally a trendsetter.

Now, while I talk about how awesome the pink Subie is, I have to tell you that we will be testing the Vanagon's reliability at some point. It will be interesting but hopefully he will be just as good and last many a miles. Oh god, please!

Don't mind the awesome picture of me. You are supposed to be eyeing the Subs.
So, if you need to purchase a car, may I recommend a Subie? Or, if you don't want people to think you are a hippy lesbian, go with a Corolla, then you are just a nerd.

No comments: