I am an older sister to Sissy. I love my lil Sissy and always will with all my heart. No matter how often we yell at each other or make the other cry. That's right, we used to hit and pull hair but she will always tell you I lost because I went and told on her or I cried or did something to make her stop. Blah, blah, blah.
Sissy and I grew up having friends but not being able to go over to anyone's house because we didn't do our chores. Therefore, we were forced to play together. We did a shit ton of things: Oregon Trail, dress cats up and force them to sleep in baby carriers, write and direct plays, make dances, and play sports (like grab giant madrona branches, dress up in god-knows-what and proceed to hit each other). We had imaginations, I can tell you that much.
There was this other time that I introduced the idea of throwing all the stuffed animals in our rooms out the 3rd story windows. After about 30 items (stuffed animals, blocks, socks, underoos, knives, etc) she got caught. I can't remember where I went, I was probably trying to finish my daily chores or something precious like that. But Sissy sure did get in trouble for that.
She always told on me for swearing though. I swore a lot...as if you couldn't guess.
Although I left home when I was 18 to go to college and she left to go to a different college later, we still are the best of friends and I don't think we could live without the other. There is something about being forced to do hard labor as children that brings siblings closer together. The whining and sweat carries a deep bond.
8. Her dog. Gus is precious. Most of the time.
6. Sissy is getting married this summer. It's sad not to be with her while she is getting ready to be married for the rest of her days.
4. Sissy likes dancing and watching dance videos. I love that ish.
3. I don't go to the movies because I think it is a waste of money because it is so freakin' expensive so I just wait until I can get it free at the library 8 months later. However, there is one series of movies I always go to...Harry Potter. Sissy has always gone with me (except this last time). It is the love of the wizarding world we share.
1. My Sissy scratched out all the of faces of the kids she didn't like in her preschool class pictures. Seriously, preschool. That makes me laugh so much. I remember when she scratched out faces with a needle and put hearts around the kids she did like. It proved that she wasn't a push over. If you mess with Sissy, she will kick your ass, or at least preform voo-doo on you. I like to think I taught her that.
Sissy is again away from me in California but I know she is just a phone call away. (although we never call each other, another fine trait!) Hopefully someday we will live near each other again and have children that grow up together doing the same shit we did. I hope my children love their sibling(s) (shooting for sibling) as much as I love mine. There isn't anything quite as fulfilling as having a perfect sibling.
Previous Family Members: Mam, Pah, Mr Pepperworth