No, really though, we didn't mind and we do love our father the mostest.
You know, picking up rocks is something I will always remember from my childhood. Father Michael Francis bought a piece of property next to our house when I was young that was full of dirt and broom scotch (it is really scotch broom, I know, but I wrote that first thinking it was correct so it stays). After clearing the land, my sister and I were forced to pick up rocks in order to plant grass. We picked rocks 24-7 like the roman slaves built pyramids or whatevs, or at least that is how I remember it. That summer my dad went to K-Mart for front shield windwipers or something of that nature and I saw a pink flashlight I really wanted. Instead of purchasing his sweet daughter that light, he made me pick rocks for it. Something like 50 buckets worth. Daddy Dearest didn't win him over when there was hard labor to be done.
My loving Father would do anything for his sweet daughters and I am glad I have the Pa I have.
|Yes, that non-cabbage patch is my sister|
8) Father Dear gave me the knowledge and desire to predict weather. I used to just ask Pa what the weather would look like but since I don't have him at my disposal all the time anymore, I had to learn to fend for myself.
7) Dad is consistent. He forced me to run in Pt Defiance Park with him on weekends. It probably only happened like 4 times but it felt like pure torture. Although, I did get egg mcmuffins afterward.
5) He always has chips stashed away. (see number 6) But, he won't let you open them unless you ask. Plus, you have to make sure it is the next in line with the expiration dates.
4) Pa likes old country music and likes to sing. "The Happy Wanderer" is a family song.
|God I love this picture. Such happy wanders consulting a compass|
2) He likes to torture his children sometimes just to make sure they are on their toes and ready to try new things. Like the museum. The exhibits could be 17 years old but you are forced to go every year and see the same ole shit about the pioneers, natives, and trains.
|This is mostly just to show Sis she wore that hat in public|
So Father Michael Francis has some quirks and is a bit of a goofball but if he wasn't that way, I wouldn't be the same person I am today. People seem to like me so I am thankful for everything Pa has showed me/given to me throughout my life. I love him lotsa much.
Next Family Member: Mrs. Pedemonte
Previous Family Member: Mr Pepperworth