|Best pic of Mother I have ever seen.|
Some other things that make me love Mother and miss her are:
8) She was lead majorette in high school and has the salute hands to prove it.
7) The fact that she will take care of me when I am sick. She will tell me how precious I am and get me any popsicles I need. Now, she won't drive to the store to get them, she will just use what is on hand. Another good trait...resourceful.
6) Mother likes to tell stories. It is prefect when you don't like to talk much.
5) Ma knows that I am NOT a morning person. She will not ask questions when she knows it might just turn ugly. That is one of life's biggest lessons when living with me.
4) Mother loves her boat and taught me how to waterski. One ski. 'Nuff said.
|Not the right kind of skiing but still, she taught me this kind too.|
3) Mother talks to my dead grandmother. I think Grammie has come back as a crow. But as a crow, Grammie is very helpful and when you find that front row parking spot, a blouse in your size and color at Value Village, or that infection finally went away, Mother is sitting there thanking Grammie. Grammie has Ma's back. I know my Ma will have mine too in the far, far future.
|Ma, "showing" Grammie Hawaii. Yes, that is a plastic baggie with ashes.|
|Don't mind the blond streaks.|
1) My Mom comes and deep cleans my house about once or twice a year. I get too bogged down trying to lick the toilets clean to get to the fridge.
My mom just plain gets me. I am the first born who didn't get the brains or the height and Mother finds pity in that and just loves me. I am thankful for the Momma I have and I wouldn't ask for another one, even one that didn't force me to do housework like f-ing Cinderella.
p.s. Mother has previously been mentioned as Mrs. Pedemonte because she had a cobbler, or some shoemaker, that was named Pedemonte. She always liked it. But it doesn't fit so it is back to Mom, Mam, and Mommy.
Next Family Member: Sissy
Previous Family Members: Dad, Mr Pepperworth