Sunday, September 11, 2011

Man needs a Maid

With busy weekends and even busier weekdays, I have a few chores that tend to get shoved to the bottom of the list.

These would include (but are not limited to): mopping the kitchen, cleaning the shower, weeding the overgrown mess at the front of the driveway, and taking care of the huge pile that is the laundry. I am really good at cleaning the laundry but not so much into folding.

Throughout our relationship together, I have never folded Mr Pepperworth's clothes. (Maybe I did once when he was sick or something but he would really have to be sick.) I know that many girlfriends and wives fold the laundry but Mr Pepperworth knew I did not love him enough to do that when he married me.

With that said, it also should be known that I don't like folding my own laundry. I need a laundress. That is a woman (but a man, preferably one that could also act as pool boy, would suffice) who comes in and folds laundry.

Right now there is one week worth of clean laundry on the bed/laundry baskets and there is definitely another weeks worth of clothes in the dirty laundry basket.

I am not proud of myself. No siree. I just want a laundress goddamnit. Actually, a TV in my room would work too. Folding just gets so f-ing boring!

Yes, that is a bed full of laundry....and Stanley. He loves the pile.

2 comments:

Ms. Molly said...

Ha, I never would have known it. You never have wrinkly clothes! Laundry is my least favorite chore too.

The Momma said...

Wildly waving hand in the air..."pick me, pick me, I like to do all those things."