Thursday, August 15, 2013

Life Nowadays

Okay, I'm not gonna lie, life with a newborn is rough. I know many mothers that would say it is an amazing time and they want their baby to stay small forever.  Maybe it is this 3 week long cold I am fighting, but I am just finally starting to feel good about motherhood. I mean, I have always loved my baby with all my heart but damn, those first weeks of feedings and hormones are difficult. I was super lucky too and had the support of family and had other people doing all my chores, in fact, I wasn't alone with Jr for a whole day until this week really. I am glad to say though that it is going very well!


Jr is one month old today and is a precious baby boy still! He likes tummy time, bath time, peekaboo, and the Itsy, Bitsy, Spider. He doesn't so much like bedtime but after screaming for awhile, he goes down pretty well and sleeps for good chunks of time. So, while I am tired, I can't say I am not getting sleep.


As for my one month check up, I am still slowly recovering from birth. Today I took Jr and Buk to the dog park and walked just over 1/2 mile. It felt pretty good but I am feeling like my muscles are starting to deteriorate. I want to get out there and moving but I know that my body is still healing so I am taking it easy, I really am! Not doing anything for a month is a major thing for me! Actually, the healing time is probably the one thing that I feel like I didn't know about but that is a topic for another post.

I am off of work until October and I am so happy I have that amount of time. I can't imagine going back any sooner, for my own sake and for the sake of my behbeh. We both need some time to figure things out.

I am really enjoying being a mom and I have been to a couple of different meeting groups with Jr that have been pretty fun.  And, while in the first couple of weeks I was counting down the days until he could take a bottle because having my tatas hang out all the time took some getting used to, but now I am enjoying everything and have stopped worrying about it all and embraced the job wholeheartedly. 

So, cheers to all the new moms figuring this shit out! It will get better, just like everyone keeps repeating.

No comments: