Monday, July 25, 2011

Summer Swim

We have a swimming pool. That's right, a real swimming pool, not a hole dug in the ground with a trap lining filled with water. (Which is what we had to do as children because we really wanted a swimming pool.)

Last summer the pool wasn't up because we had a wedding and decided having a big blue thing in the background of pictures wasn't the best back drop. Turns out the weekend of our wedding we def could have used a pool, it was around 90 degrees!

This summer the pool is back and totally awesome. Times I have used it....twice. Once for 10 minutes and once for 20 minutes of cleaning and 15 minutes of crawl stroke, butterfly, diving and doggie paddling. Pool = free, Swimming fun = priceless, all around great hand-me-down from the in-laws.

So yes, it has not been above 80 flipping degrees this summer.  The pool sits lonely most days under the clouds but when the sun peaks its tiny yellow head above the clouds, I am ready. Although, I haven't taken the noodles out of the garage yet. Those are only for fights and so far I haven't got anyone else in the water with me for more than 10 minutes.

I dream of the Saturday I can lay on the air mattress and read a book. Alas, there is now Farmer's Market so now I shall dream for a sunny Sunday (hello it IS SUN-day and the day of rest!). I dream of the day there is a patio around the pool for sunbathing exercises and a slide into my pool. Everything is better with a slide and, well, a patio!

She's a beaut!

Did I mention my pool is about 3 feet deep? Size doesn't matter though. I still love it. Summer swimming is always the best! Hopefully August and September have some smashing hot Sundays.

No comments: