Sunday, April 29, 2012

Earth Day 2012

Last year I vowed that someday I would throw rocking Earth Day parties. I thought about it this year but decided I wasn't ready for multiple reasons: 1) It was a really busy weekend. 2) I couldn't think of any fun Earth Day activities (drinking gin doesn't really help the Earth at all). 3) I didn't think any of my friends would really be into it, therefore, no one would actually come to my party. 4) I couldn't turn another "party" at my house into help-me-weed-my-garden day.

So, I actually forgot about Earth Day. *gasp*

Luckily some friends came to my rescue and invited us over for an Earth Day celebration not unlike our "party" last year. We would bike over to our friends' house and eat a local feast. Nothing fancy. So, I made my menu plan: carrot salad, buffalo burgers from the buffalo farm up the street, and tofu shishkabobs for me. My friend was taking care of the dessert and side dish.


Mr Pepperworth and I packed everything up nicely in my panniers and pumped up the bike tires...but...my tire blew out. Apparently not riding it in 3+ months and pumping it up to 120psi isn't advised. So, then we decided to take the scooter. It needs oil so we couldn't take it. Fail!

So, we took the car over to our friends' house. Urgh. It was bad. I am bad. Earth Day was not celebrated properly. That probably means I will have a year of bad luck or something now. (Not to mention, our Earth flag that used to fly freely from our flag stand is down to one strand of fabric left...apparently the Earth flag can't withstand Ferndale windstorms.)

Hopefully next year I will be better and celebrate in true hippy fashion.

Notice the damn subbie in the background

No comments: