Saturday, October 20, 2012

A Girl Has Got to Eat

I like to eat. I like to cook too, which goes well with liking to eat. I have never really told you how I go about eating/making my weekly dinners though. I have quite a system.

Every weekend I make a menu on a self created calendar. I put what days I will be home on time and what days I will be late. Usually on the late days I will use my freaking awesome 70's crock pot (mah and pah's wedding gift?) and Mr Peps will have a meal waiting so he doesn't have to wait and eat until 8pm. I do all my grocery shopping on the weekend and get everything I will need for my weekly plan.

I really like to plan.

Anywho, here is an example of what we will be eating this week:

 Monday (home at 7:45) - Crockpot mashed potatoes, peas, and steak
Tuesday (home at 8:45) - Crockpot Chili 
Wednesday - Mushroom Somethingorother with Rice
Thursday (home at 7:45) - Crockpot Taco Soup with Chips
Friday - Potato Salad and Arepas

Mind you, I use the recipes listed above but I change the ingredients to either a) use in season b) not be from a can, eg. beans c) make gluten free or vegetarian.

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and the potato salad Friday will all be new recipes so hopefully they taste good. For me, winter is all about trying new recipes. Sometimes Mr Peps isn't too impressed with my new experiments. Whatever, he can always eat a peanut butter and grape jelly sammich.

No comments: