Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Final Week, Day, Hours?!

Weeks: 19, 21, 26, 30, 37, 39
July 3 was supposed to be my last day of work but....I didn't quite make it. And, it wasn't because I had a baby. It was because I just couldn't drag my ass to work anymore. My hormones played a major role too. My mind and body want to relax and work on getting ready for this baby. I decided not to argue with it and just take the time off. So, after peace-ing out at work today I took the dog to the dog park (and walked about 1.75 miles), read my book in the pool, did some breast stroke swimming, and now I am bouncing on my gymnastics ball. These are all in attempt to help Baby drop (it like it's hot) a bit, which has actually worked a little.

Tomorrow I plan to pick cherries, go for an appointment, go for a walk (maybe do some stairs), swim in the pool and then pick up my handsome husband from work to go for dinner at a fancy restaurant. I almost feel bad for how relaxed I am going to feel while my husband is at work. But, then again, I am the one carrying his child. So, it's cool.

With my time off now, we will see when Baby makes his appearance. While contractions have been more often and a wee bit stronger, I still feel he isn't quite ready. He and I have talked about not being too much longer though. If he wants more mommy-time, he is going to have to make it in a week or so.

All in all, I have to say that I enjoyed my pregnancy. It mostly got me out of doing things during this time of year that aren't my favorite things to do so I can't complain. I have been able to be active throughout the nine months, so that kept me pretty happy. I have been keeping a pregnancy journal too that I will enjoy reading later, especially during another pregnancy.

So, Baby, we are ready for you. Your Mommy and Daddy already love you so much and we want to know what you look like already!

Plus, Mommy would like a nice cold drink since it is 80 degrees.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Wowser! You look amazing! I can't believe you are about to give birth! I wish you a smooth and hardly uncomfortable (It's going to have to be a little uncomfortable) experience and I can't wait to see pictures . . . of the baby, not the birth. :)