Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Actual Farmer's Wife

I've been lying for almost a year. I have not actually been a Farmer's Veggie Wife. I have been a Farmer's Veggie Fiance. But, I just didn't like the sound of that PLUS my favorite canning book isn't called The Farmer's Fiance: How preserve food and live with a farmer without being on a straight track to hell.

No need to worry anymore folks. I am married and the papers are signed. My children are even happy that their mother and father are married. It leaves less explaining to the neighbor cats about how their parents have different last names but are yes, in fact, living together.

Our wedding was at our house and on our farm. It was exactly how I wanted it to look. The dancing went until the wee hours of the morning which is exactly how I wanted to celebrate my wedding to T with family and friends. It was amazing!

Our caterers used some produce from our garden to create a vegetarian menu that impressed the guests. Our cake was a vegan chocolate cake from Katie's Cupcakes and our cupcakes, which were not vegan, disappeared in 5 min. Seriously, I ordered a lot and I have never seen dessert gone that fast from any wedding! There was not one left. (although, I do wish I got to eat more of my cake, I guess I will order another from Katie's for our one year anniversary).

The professional pictures aren't out yet and won't be for awhile but our photographer stayed for at least 10 hours and got some awesome pictures, I am so excited to share those later.

Our first dance was to a salsa song that we had choreographed by a real life salsa dancer and we sang Jackson, a duet by Johnny Cash and June Carter, during the reception. For our ring blessing, the rings were plucked from a tree where they hung for 3 days and 3 nights so we were connected to nature as well as each other, of course. Everything screamed E and T and I am so thankful for that.

We had so many friends and family help set up and take down during the hot ass days that surrounded the wedding. I could not have had my prefect wedding without all of them! I am not complaining about the weather though, it was a great night and I am so glad we decided to have a late ceremony.

I will leave you with some pictures that various people took and eventually I will put up the professionals but for now I give you August 14, 2010, the day I became a real Farmer's Veggie Wife:







One of our best friends (Leslie) was our officiant


Danae, Brian, Melody

Tyson and Kendra


Tristin and Claire (bro and sis)




Gevan read a passage from Michelle and Gevan's wedding ceremony. It was beautiful.


6 comments:

Cherl said...

Your wedding was so personal to you and Tyler--I loved seeing the little touches. I thought it was great that you both had your parents walk you both down the aisle. What a great day and thanks for having delicious vegan food!
PS--The thong song was probably the highlight though.

Ms. Molly said...

it was a beautiful ceremony & one of my favorite weddings ever! congrats!

The Momma said...

Oh man, I cried off and on all yesterday as I unpacked everything from the wedding. Thought I was over it today until you posted this. I'm not going to waste my time putting on makeup for another week as I work this out of my system.

It WAS a perfect Ty & Em weddin. You are two fantastic young people and you made the day truly yours. You both looked so happy (oh no, crying again) I, too, am SO grateful for the community effort that made it all possible – that in itself made the whole event special and personal.

Just to clarify, you bought the house and were living there but had separate bedrooms until Saturday, right?! ☺

Honest to Christina said...

@The Momma - just use your swear words when you want to cry, remember?!
And we all know they only held hands. Duh.

Em, it was BEAUTIFUL. thank you for allowing us to be a part of it.

And it was about damn time.

Sierra said...

I'm glad it turned out the way you wanted. It was definitely awesome! I loved your salsa dance. :) And now I have another sister. Yay!!

Clarissa Mansfield said...

You both look beautiful! Congratulations and welcome to wedded bliss! :)