Saturday, January 7, 2012

Garlic Carrots (Raw)

I love garlic. If you don't like garlic then you probably won't like this recipe. Which means you probably are a vampire. Just sayin'.

But, if you do in fact like garlic and you also happen to like carrots, then you should make this. It is super easy to make and it is a healthy snack. I make this when I find myself wanting a snack and about to open some chips. For me, this recipe replaces those easy to eat snacks that I really shouldn't eat all the live long day.



INGREDIENTS
6 larger-sized carrots
3 cloves of garlic
1T Mirin (an asian sweet rice vinegar) or regular rice vinegar
2t agave (or 2t simple sugar)
1/2t (or to taste) salt

METHOD
1. Grate carrots and put into a medium sized bowl.

2. Mince the garlic and put in same bowl.

3. Pour Mirin, agave, and salt into bowl.
4. Mix together.

5. You could eat it now or stick it in a jar and put in the fridge to let the flavors mix together a bit more and enjoy some later.

I am going to go eat some of mine right now!

No comments: