Sunday, September 20, 2009

I Heart Fries

First, let me start by saying, I know some of my food pictures aren't the greatest. I need to work on my presentation. But as those close to me would know, I am not much of a thoughtful presenter...my presents get wrapped in newspaper, my interior decorating skills are poor, I rarely use an iron...you get the point.

ANYWAY, this is a recipe I created yesterday with some potatoes we had. I love LOVE fries so I decided to take a shot at them. Turns out they are DELICIOUS homemade too!!

Fries From Marrs
(I know I am not a Marrs...yet...but I like the title. I am experimenting what I can do with the name since Hark the Herold Angels sing will be out)

Ingredients
How ever many potatoes you want to eat (they do shrink while baked)
oil
1 clove garlic - minced
1 sprinkle dill
salt and pepper to taste

Method
1) Preheat oven to 400.
2) Cut the potatoes into uniform fry size. Place in a mixing bowl.
3) Add the rest of the ingredients to the mixing bowl(with enough oil to cover well) and mix with hands.
4) Place on a baking sheet (I used a ceramic baking sheet and it worked great).
5) After 10 min, stir fries.
6) My fries took about 30 min. It takes a long time when they are fresh.

p.s. these ARE purple potatoes, hence the color

2 comments:

TheAnut said...

Thanks for your explanation that those are purple potatotes. They look a little like sardine-y type fish .... When you cook frozen fries, they have you put the oven at 475. What difference do you think a hotter oven would have made? Sounds like a yummy recipe .. I'll be giving it a try.

The Momma said...

Oh my....you're right about your presentation.. it looks like a dirty pan of dead slugs. I'm sure they're delicious; feed some to your father when he visits so I can see if they're safe.

Marrs shmarrs, ain't nothin' wrong with Herold.
(you know I don't really care - just like givin' you a bad time. "It's my job and I like it fine, noone has a better job than _____". Come on now, it's a sing-a-long, join in and fill in the blank.

After the wedding will your blog become 'Life on a Marrs Farm'? No, I guess it will be 'Being Mrs. Marrs Farmer' won't it? Or maybe 'Marvelous Marrs Farming'...'Out of This World Marrs Farming'? Fine, I'll stop since it's not funny and I'm boring myself.
Lubcha!