Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Cantaloupe Kitty

I am home. Not sure how I feel about it. I guess I am ready to be a Farmer's Wife again.

I am happy to see my babies though. Simon met us at the airport with Nana and Papa. He purred and meowed at us most of the way home. He was saying he loved us.
Sam and Stanley came to greet us when we walked in the door and got love from both parents. They missed us too.
Buk, he is still getting spoiled at Auntie K's house. We will see him later tonight and he probably doesn't miss us.

Anywho, T picked some of our garden today...seeing as a shit ton is ready now that we are back. Some of his harvest this morning included some nice and delicious cantaloupe! Seriously, it is the best I have had, ever!

Cantaloupe, watermelon, and honeydew. Nope, we live in Washington, not Georgia. My Farmer is just amazing!

I was eating some delicious cantaloupe for breakfast (or more like lunch really, I am still on island time braddah) when Sam wanted back inside. We let him in and he asked for some love in which he jumped up on my lap. Sweet, I know. After some adequate petting, he began to smell what I was eating. It was at that moment that I remembered...Sam loves cantaloupe.

A couple summers ago we realized this when he would jump on the counter and eat cantaloupe rinds I had left out after cutting my own. It is a bit odd, I know. I even googled it but didn't really find anything. My theory is that Sam just liked to get his daily serving of fruit. I mean the cat is skinny as hell, he obviously likes to watch his weight which also means he likes to make sure he is getting his nutrition needs met (I guess eating shrews and mice in 2 min flat doesn't give you everything you need).

So, I gave Sammy some cantaloupe for breakfast. We ate together, it was a good mother/son moment.




1 comment:

TheAnut said...

Glad you're back safe and sound and that all is well at the home front ! While I enjoyed your post and the sweet pics of the Samster and his fruit cup, I am quite blown away by the close ups of your kitchen floor --- clean enough for felines AND humans to eat off of it looks to me. Check out the baseboards - no crumbs, no spills, no scud on the tile grout lines ! Impressive!