Tuesday, December 20, 2011

White Russians Are Sooo Good

These last few days have been quite busy for me at home and at work.

At work, we have kids all day so it is non-stop and I feel like I don't have much time to get my "to-do" list done. With work busy, I am reminded why I never became a teacher because dealing with children all day really makes a couple drinks after work hit the spot. However, I would rather not need 4.5 white russians to stop hearing the children in my head. Not to mention my office is a hell hole! I leave work everyday either in a rush to get home because we have plans or I have just told a kid to "stop saying shut up", "say please", and/or "get the hell off the mother f-ing pool table please" for the three thousandth time and I only have enough energy to grab my bags, planner and book it out the doors. Sometimes I remember my keys, sometimes I don't.

But...it is only a 4 day work week this week and next (and the week after) and I am SO happy for that. I need some down time. This year for the holidays we are going to spend full days with both of our families and Sissy and Lil Bear are coming home for a visit and I am so excited! I will even get to spend time skiing with my family AND we get to welcome the new year with Sissy. I couldn't think of a better way to finish off the year!

At home, I have been wrapping and re-wrapping presents. Our dear Buk took to unwrapping presents one day because he is bored. Yes, he is bored because his mommy and daddy don't love him and didn't take him to exercise for like 3 or 4 days but comeon!

I also finished our Holiday letter this weekend and I got most of them mailed out Monday. The letter explains what all of the Pepperworths have been up to this year and how we all fared with 2011. If you would like your own recap, you can see it here, here, here, here, here and here. Don't worry, you don't have to read them all, there will not be a test.

Here is our picture this year. After a week of trying to get Mr Pepperworth in a new photo, it never happened because he was too busy saving us thousands of dollars by fixing up the van. So this is our way of still sending a silly picture but not actually having to take one.


 I hope you all are looking forward to your holidays!

Love The Pepperworths

2 comments:

TheAnut said...

UhOh - better do a self-check, 'cause this card looks "pretty" to me. I like it alot. I'm sure the text will be appropriately inappropriate.

Jenny said...

I can probably prove that working with kids all day makes for more drinking on weeknights . . . however, it is usually the adults who drive me to drink instead of the kids! ha!