Monday, January 3, 2011

iDiet

Yes, as I have stated above, I am going on a diet.

Everyone's New Year Resolution always includes dieting so I guess I am jumping on the bandwagon.

Although, I am not.

Yes, I am really going on a diet but I am going on an elimination diet to see if I am sensitive to certain foods. I was having horrible stomach pains about a month ago. No, I am/was not pregnant, let me just get that out of the way.

Although the pain is gone, something was causing it and I am going to see if it was a food thing. Spending 4 - 6 hours in bed trying to sleep away the pain is not something I want to experience again.

I have decided to start this diet now though because I wanted to get past the holidays. I was willing to sacrifice being sick in order to eat 6 cookies a day and family potatoes until I burst. I also needed coffee during the cold mornings and red wine to ring in the New Year. Alas, I didn't get sick which could mean it wasn't a food thing but I think my body could use a little cleansing anyway so this elimination diet can't hurt.


Here is what I have in store though:
Day 1 - 2: green smoothies only. ONLY! lord.
Day 3 - 9: allergen free food (brown rice, yams, lentils), can't be too bad.
Day 10 - 28: haven't gotten that far
Day 29: Almost my birthday! Time to stretch the stomach back out for cake, cupcakes, ice cream, etc.

This whole plan shouldn't be too bad. I eat pretty well during the majority of the year. But, if I don't blog for another week or so, you may want send a search party. The green smoothies may have killed me.

No comments: