Thursday, January 6, 2011

Going Green

This is the first time in my life the word green makes me want to vomit.

As previously noted, I am doing the elimination diet. I started on Wednesday (yesterday) and spent the day drinking water and green smoothies. By the time I got home from work, I was tired and my stomach felt blegh. It doesn't hurt, it just is wondering what the hell is going on. It is used to breaking down chips and pizza and tofu. It didn't have a job to do and it was pissed.

Today, unfortunately, I am forced to drink water and green smoothies again. This morning, I took a drink of my smoothie, homemade, and gagged. The thought of drinking that again was incredibly unpleasant. Granted, I don't have a Vitamix so "drinking" a smoothing really consists of sipping/chewing kale. It's awful!

I cannot wait until tomorrow morning when I can eat real food. Real as in yams, lentils, cilantro, avocado, the list goes on...luckily. I am going to eat a breakfast of rice, lentils, and avocado sauce. It sounds so f-ing good!

3 comments:

Cherl said...

Can you throw banana and berries in that sucker?

Farmers Veggie Wife said...

I can add pear, apple, and blueberries but that is it. Honestly, those things don't cover it up very well. Bananas can't go in for a couple more weeks.

Kristen's Raw said...

Can you add stevia? That might help, even a pinch?

Hope the diet gets better... good for you for doing it! :)

Cheers,
Kristen